The Scottsdale Artists’ School Youth & Teen Academy is Arizona’s premier art school for the youth and teens, providing engaging fine art classes in professional art studios equipped with studio lighting, easels, props and tools. Our professional Teaching Artists have experience working with students of all skill levels, sharing a wealth of artistic knowledge in a wide variety of mediums. Beginning to advanced students are encouraged to attend classes offered throughout the year to acquire a foundation for future creative studies. Students have the opportunity to experience a variety of art project and will explore the decision-making and problem-solving skills used while creating art. Scholarships are available for our youth and teen programs and are based on need and/or merit as we want to inspire and instill a love for the arts in the next generation.
Classes & Workshops for Creative Youth
SAS is offering on-campus programs with enhanced safety protocols in place, so our Fine Art classes and camps can be a fun experience for everyone. Students have the opportunity to have their own mini art space with specialized supplies, lighting and easels where they can create, experience and explore the projects our professional teaching artists have organized. With these enhanced protocols in place, we want Scottsdale Artists’ School Fine Art programs to be a fun experience for everyone.
We are making SAFETY our 1st priority for your kids.
- Masks are required for all participants.
- Each student will have their own space assigned that are socially distanced.
- Each space is equipped with individual supplies for a creative fine art experience.
- Enhance cleaning & disinfecting schedule for studios, high traffic areas, doors, etc. continuously throughout the day.
- Students are encouraged to wash their hands regularly, and hand sanitizer is available in each studio.
- Scottsdale Artists’ School week-long Fine Art Summer Camps begin around the beginning of and run through the end of summer break. Programs are taught by professional artists and are designed for all skill levels, ages 6 to17. Projects include: painting, 3D sculpting, designing, studio art, drawing, Anime and recycle art.
- Camps run daily Monday through Friday,(ages 6-14 rune 9am to 3pm each day and teen camps are 9:30am to 3:30pm).
- Before and After Art is available for students who need an extended day.
- Summer Camp Scholarships are available based on both need and merit. Scholarships for June camps must be submitted by May 15th and July scholarships must be submitted no later than June 15th. Once submitted, scholarships take approximately two weeks to process.
- Special pricing for multiple family members or multi-week registrations may apply. These will be available at time of registration only. These registrations must be done by calling the front desk.
Keep your kids engaged with upbeat online art classes. SAS has designed a new curriculum of classes for youth and teens that they can take from anywhere with internet. They can connect with teachers and other students to lean and share their love of art. Check out all the new options available.
College Corner for Teens is an online workshop series dedicated to teens who are interested in college/career exploration in the arts. Our Youth Intern Instructors are currently college students who are passion-ate about the arts. They have all found artistic areas of study that are on a unique path to a career in art. If you ever wanted a glimpse into college life, join us for this workshop! We will start with an interview of the artist, get insights into their college life, then participate in an art project they will teach from their art program. A question and answer period will follow.
Scottsdale Artists’ School has launched a series of art activity kits that creative kids can take along to make anywhere! Take & Make Art Activity Kits are created by our Youth Academy Instructors with our fine art curriculum as their cornerstone. Each kit comes with introduction by professional teaching artist, demonstration sample, art lesson, step-by-step instruction booklet, and supplies needed to complete the project. Tap into your creative side with these art-class-in-a-box projects you can do at home. New kits are added each week.
GUIDE TO INSTRUCTIONAL STYLE (SKILL LEVELS)
Art for all skill levels with the focus on fun and trying new things
Art for all skill levels who want to learn art techniques, have fun creating and developing art with their own personal style
Art for all skill levels who are serious about skill building and learning traditional art techniques
THE SAS YOUTH ACADEMY MISSION
Scottsdale Artists’ School’s Youth and Teen Academy offers traditional fine art instruction in the areas of drawing, painting, sculpture, and mixed media for young artists ages 6-8, 9-14 and high school students. Youth and Teen programs are dedicated to developing observation skills, technical ability and creating finished art work to encourage self-confidence, knowledge, and enthusiasm. The School is dedicated to providing age-appropriate art classes where students learn a variety of techniques that enable them to discover new ways to express themselves.
WHAT PARENTS ARE SAYING…
“My daughter has truly found a place to be free to express herself through art and to learn more about how to do that more fully and with greater skill. You and your co-workers are providing an environment which creates anticipation and quenches the thirst for the young artist.” – Youth Academy Parent
“I was very impressed with the variety of the mediums, and the subject matter introduced. I feel that her skill level has been enhanced. This has been a wonderful experience. Thank you!” – Youth Academy Parent
“Thank you so much for letting me have this wonderful opportunity to enjoy the wonders of art, I am honored. Some things I learned are how to draw a blind contour, how to handle clay and how to draw objects with shadows. These past two weeks have been exciting and fun. I hope I am able to take another art class soon.” – Youth Academy Student