Best & Brightest 2019
You have been invited to enter the 2019 Best and Brightest Juried Art Show and Sale! Please contact the School with any questions.
Submit entry form, images and payment by 5 pm (MST)
Artists will be notified by email of acceptance into the show
Artwork must arrive at the School on or before this date
Opening Reception at Scottsdale Artists’ School
Best and Brightest show closes
All Scottsdale Artists’ School non-faculty alumni who have completed at least one workshop or weekly class since July 1, 2015, are encouraged to enter.
- Entry fee is $20 per submission.
- Artists may enter up to three submissions per category and can enter multiple categories.
- All artwork must be available for sale.
- All artwork must be original subject matter, executed independently, and created within the past two years.
- A completed entry form, images (submitted via the online form) and payment must be received by the deadline (November 26, 2018, 5 p.m. MST).
- Artwork must be securely framed and ready to hang.
- Artists may not substitute/alter any work once accepted, nor may selling price be changed.
SIX JUDGING CATEGORIES
Oil, Drawing, Pastel, Sculpture, Small Works and Water Media
Best of Show Award
The Best of Show will receive a $500 cash prize/gift card presented by Blick Art Materials and a $750 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
First Place Award (Each Category)
Each winner will receive a $500 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
Second Place Award (Each Category)
Each winner will received a $200 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
Fine Art Connoisseur Award of Excellence
Winner will receive one full-page advertisement in Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine.
Plein Air Magazine Award of Excellence
Winner will receive one full-page advertisement in Plein Air Magazine.
People’s Choice Award
Chosen by popular vote at the opening reception. Winner will receive a $100 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
Scottsdale Artists’ School Purchase Award
Scottsdale Artists’ School purchases one piece of artwork selected by the Board of Trustees. Artwork will be displayed and added to the school’s permanent collection.
- Two-dimensional work: maximum dimensions are 18” x 24”, unframed
- Sculpture: maximum weight is 50 lbs. and maximum dimensions are 18”H x 18”W”x18”D
- Small works, two-dimensional: maximum dimensions are 8” x 10”
- Small works, sculpture: maximum dimensions are 8”H x 8”W x 8”D
SUBMITTING DIGITAL IMAGES
- If applying online, images must be submitted as uploaded files through the online form.
- Images must be high resolution (.jpg or .tiff) with a suggested minimum of 600 pixels on the longest size on the image.
- Identify all images by name of digital file.
- Entry fee(s) for online entries may be paid through the online form.
- For paintings and drawings submit one view; for sculptures, submit two views.
FEES & COMMISSION
- Entry fee is $20 per submission (non-refundable). Artists may enter a maximum of three submissions per category and may enter multiple categories.
- The School retains a 30% commission on artwork sold during the show, the remaining amount will be paid to the artist following the close of the show.
- The School’s commission has been reduced this year to 30% from 50%. Please remember this event supports SAS and its activities.
- Purchaser’s contact information will be provided to the artist.
- Notification of selection will be sent to artists by December 13, 2018.
- Specific shipping instructions will be sent to artists whose artwork has been accepted.
- All shipping and packing expenses are the responsibility of the artists, both for sending the artwork to the School and for its return.
Three jurors, representing a collection of individuals involved in the art community, will be chosen to select artwork to be included in the 2019 Best and Brightest.
RISK AND LIABILITY
ALL ENTRIES ARE MADE AT THE RISK OF THE ENTRANT
Care and caution will be made in the handling of all artwork. Neither Scottsdale Artists’ School nor its agents may be held liable for any loss or damage to any entry while it is in the possession of the School or its agents. Insurance during the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist. Entry in the show and signature on the entry form constitute an agreement with all conditions, including the right to photograph artwork for publicity or archival purposes.