GAMBLIN Artists’ Colors Lecture
“There’s nothing more natural and enduring than oil painting.” – Robert Gamblin –
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials
Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and
contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer
and more permanent. Gamblin’s dedication to today’s oil painters extends beyond offering
the finest possible materials – we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose
those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90-minute Lecture Demonstration will cover the following:
- Color Theory – 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional ColorSpace
- Color Mixing – Navigating Color Space: Gamblin’s practical approach to colormixing
- Artist’s Oil Colors – Gamblin’s approach to colormaking
- Mineral vs Modern Pigments – How to create a personalized palette ofcolors
- Indirect vs Direct Techniques – Historical application of opaque and transparentcolors
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors – Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oilcolors
- 1980 Oil Colors– True RealValue.
- Painting Mediums – Choosing the right medium, including working properties and dryingrates
- Building Permanent Paintings – Understanding Fat OverLean
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds – How they affect color andpermanence
- Gamvar Picture Varnish – Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surfacequality
- Studio Safety – Create without compromise in a safestudio
About the Presenter: Anna Fox Ryan is an oil painter based in Philadelphia PA. She holds a BFA in painting & illustration from SCAD. Her current work uses pictorial space to explore observations of electromagnetic fields and various levels of consciousness and energy. For more information on the artist please visit www.FoxRyan.com
The above is a FREE one-hour and 1/2 lecture. You may sign up for ONLY the lecture by clicking above.
An afternoon class is also offered to accompany and expand on the lecture. The cost of the class is $75.00. For more information or to attend both click the icon below.