Seeing the World as a Photograph
Registration is closed
An introductory workshop into seeing the world as a photograph, using your digital camera.
- There will be perceptual exercises: gestalt flash-drawings and a Rudolf Arnheim drawing exercise.
- Compositional basics will be covered: Seeing photography through paintings and other photographs. The frame. Lighting. Point of view.
- Camera basics: Aperture, shutter, ISO, lenses/focal length, dynamic range, image formats, RAW images and their use.
- The course will involve simple image adjustment (dodging/burning), using Adobe Raw and Photoshop software.
- Critiques will be regular, friendly, and informal. Noticing how we solve photographic (structural, compositional, expressive) problems will lead to a fulfilling experience for all. josephpodlesnik.com