Abstracting the Landscape
ONLINE | ZOOM, FACEBOOK, VIDEO | 3-Day Workshop | JULY 23, 24 and 30, 2021 | 11AM-2PM Mountain Standard Time
* PLEASE NOTE
*Access to a Facebook account is required for this workshop.
**The dates are not consecutive!
Using Zoom, a private Facebook group and recorded videos, Claudia will teach techniques on how to paint in a more modern abstract style using acrylic paints. The links to 3, 1-hour-long videos will be available for students to watch step-by-step demonstrations as Claudia completes a painting from start to finish. Links to these videos will be posted to the FB group on July 19th.
July 23rd at 11am MST Claudia will begin on Zoom with an intro to the workshop, a discussion on the videos and a Q and A. She will show how to set up the palette, lay out the paints and mix colors. She will do mini demos and connect with students in real time through Zoom during each session (as they paint) for personal and group critiques.
In the first 2 days, students will complete 2 paintings. The first will follow Claudia’s method to create a bright, happy scene. The second will be an experiment using what was learned from the first with different colors. The last day will be re-grouping for a more in-depth demo and critiquing what students have accomplished over the week.
The object of this workshop is to learn to paint abstract landscape paintings with acrylic paint though pure vibrant color mixing, using accurate composition and discovering, understanding and simplifying shapes.
– A supply list of suggested materials and reference photos to paint from.
– Photos of landscape scenes for reference.
– Detailed instruction for every step of painting an abstract landscape
Lessons, demos and critiques
– Private FB Group that will be open from July 19 – August 13 for students to connect with each other, re-watch videos, ask Claudia questions and receive feedback.
– Access to three (3) in depth lecture/demo videos from July 19 to August 9.