Updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Important information you need to know when visiting the school.
Please read it carefully.
(Updated April 1, 2021)
The School is open and operating. For adults we are offering both on-campus and Adult Art Online options. Programs are continuing with limited class sizes to accommodate for social distancing and health measures. Youth Art Online classes and Take & Make Activity Boxes are also available. New Youth Summer Camps are scheduled for Summer 2021 beginning June 1st. Visit the Youth Academy page for more information.
In order to accommodate safe social distancing, the average on-campus registrations have been limited determined by the size of the studio.
Recently Gov. Doug Ducey announced that Arizona is 100% open. For the safety of our staff, students and instructors, Scottsdale Artists’ school is continuing to require guests who come to the school to wear facial masks. We thank you for your compliance so we can continue to serve you.
Our staff works daily to diligently implement protocols as recommended by the ADHS and CDC, and we remain eager to serve our students with their health as our top priority. Click here to see the health policies and protocols that have been maximized to follow CDC and ADHS guidelines.
What SAS is doing:
- Masks or face coverings are required for all staff, instructors, students and visitors while on the school premises.
- Random temperature checks will take place throughout the day.
- Max capacity numbers per room have been revised to follow social distancing for facility, artists, models, instructors, summer camp students and visitors
- All frequently used surfaces are being disinfected and cleaned regularly.
- All equipment has been sanitized and will continue to be cleaned between student usage
- New sanitizing stations have been installed in each studio and we ask that you use these regularly. These are in addition to the sinks in each room with antibacterial soap provided.
What we ask of you:
- Wear your masks or face coverings while on school premises. Do so in the way the CDC suggests (click to see full CDC recommendations)
- Do not be offended if we ask to take your temperature. It is not personal.
- Maintain between you and other people who are around you.
- Stay home if you feel sick. Contact a medical provider and follow their advice.
- Conduct self-screenings throughout the day – If you or someone around you exhibits symptoms of illness: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other indicators you /they should leave and seek medical attention.
- Do not gather in one place – entrances, doorways, front desk, etc.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use the hand sanitizer regularly, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Please follow the SAS procedures set in order to create a safe environment for all.