Best & Brightest Juried Fine Art Show & Sale
Best and the Brightest highlights the School’s top students from around the world. It is open to any student who has taken a workshop or weekly class within the last three years at Scottsdale Artists’ School. Students are invited to submit artwork into the show and entries go through a jurying process. A variety of awards are given to pieces in the categories of Oil, Drawing, Pastel, Sculpture, Small Works (8×10 inches or smaller) and Water Media. The show celebrates the skills learned by students while studying at the School and their ability to apply them to their artwork.
What to expect for the 2021 Best and Brightest Juried Fine Art Show and Sale
All Scottsdale Artists’ School non-faculty alumni who have completed at least one workshop or weekly class since January 1, 2017, are encouraged to enter.
DECEMBER 15, 2020 Submit application, images and payment by 5 pm (AZ time)
JANUARY 11, 2021 Artists will be notified by email of acceptance into the show
FEBRUARY 1, 2021 Artwork must arrive at the School on or before this date
FEBRUARY 18, 2021 Opening Reception at Scottsdale Artists’ School
All pieces will be available for purchase.
• Entry fee is $25 per submission.
• Artists may enter up to three submissions per category and can enter multiple categories.
• All artwork must be available for sale.
• All artwork must be original subject matter, executed independently, and created within the past two years.
• A completed entry form, images (submitted via email) and payment must be recieved by
• Artwork must be securely framed and ready to hang.
• Artists may not substitute/alter any work once accepted, nor may selling price be changed.
SIX JUDGING CATEGORIES
Oil, Drawing, Pastel, Sculpture, Small Works and Water Media
Best of Show Award
The Best of Show will receive a $500 cash prize/gift card presented by Blick Art Materials and a $750 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
First Place Award (Each Category)
Each winner will receive a $500 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
Second Place Award (Each Category)
Each winner will received a $200 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
Fine Art Connoisseur Award of Excellence
Winner will receive one full-page advertisement in Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine.
Plein Air Magazine Award of Excellence
Winner will receive one full-page advertisement in Plein Air Magazine.
People’s Choice Award
Chosen by popular vote at the opening reception. Winner will receive a
$100 Scottsdale Artists’ School gift card.
Scottsdale Artists’ School Purchase Award
Scottsdale Artists’ School purchases one piece of artwork selected by the Board of Trustees. Artwork will be displayed and added to the school’s permanent collection.
• Two-dimensional work: maximum dimensions are 18” x 24”, unframed
• Sculpture: maximum weight is 50 lbs. and maximum dimensions are
18”H x 18”W”x18”D
• Small works, two-dimensional: maximum dimensions are 8” x 10”
• Small works, sculpture: maximum dimensions are 8”H x 8”W x 8”D
SUBMITTING IMAGES VIA EMAIL
• Images must be submitted as attachments via email to email@example.com
• Images must be high resolution (300 dpi jpg) with a suggested mimimum of 1800 pixels on the longest size on the image.
• Identify all images by name of digital file, and include the following information in the body of the email: title of artwork, medium, size, sale price, along with name, address, and phone number.
• Entry fee(s) for emailed entries may be paid a variety of ways: include your credit card information on this entry form, provide a check with this entry form, or call the School to provide credit card information over the phone.
FEES & COMMISSION
• Entry fee is $25 per submission or 5 submissions for $100 (non-refundable). Artists may enter a maximum of three submissions per catagory and may enter multiple catagories.
• The School retains a 40% commission on artwork sold during the show, the remaining amount will be paid to the artist following the close of the show.
• The School’s commision has been reduced this year to 30% from 50%. Please remember this event supports SAS and its activities.
• Purchaser’s contact information will be provided to the artist.
NOTIFICATION & SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
• Notification of selection will be sent to artists by January 11, 2021.
• Specific shipping instructions will be sent to artists whose artwork has been accepted.
• All shipping and packing expenses are the responsibility of the artists, both for sending the
artwork to the School and for its return.
Three jurors, representing a collection of individuals involved in the art community, will be chosen to select artwork to be included in the 2021 Best and Brightest.
RISK AND LIABILITY: ALL ENTRIES ARE MADE AT THE RISK OF THE ENTRANT
Care and caution will be made in the handling of all artwork. Neither Scottsdale Artists’ School nor its agents may be held liable for any loss or damage to any entry while it is in the possession of the School or its agents. Insurance during the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist. Entry in the show and signature on the entry form constitute an agreement with all conditions, including the right to photograph artwork for publicity or archival purposes.
*By submitting art and registration form to Scottsdale Artists’ School I knowledge that I have read and understand the requirements and instructions and will abide by them.
EMAIL ENTRIES TO:
Best & Brightest
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
Scottsdale Artists’ School (Best & Brightest)
3720 N. Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251