Scottsdale Artists’ School offers weekly classes and workshops for everyone from the absolute beginner to the professional artist. The School’s programs are taught by working, professional artists who are also experienced instructors.
Weekly Classes Vs. Workshops
The School’s local programs includes workshops, weekly classes, and one-day workshops. Programs are geared towards students of all skill levels who are living within the greater Phoenix community and who are looking for ongoing study with a local artist. The School offers classes Monday-Saturday in the morning, afternoon and evenings.
The School’s workshop program consists of three to five consecutive day courses, taught by nationally recognized artists from across the country. The majority of workshops are held from 9 am- 4p m and include a one-hour lunch break.
Workshops and classes are labeled with different skill levels. Please read each course description carefully. Most workshops do require a certain level of experience unless otherwise noted.
- Absolute Beginner
- You feel lost in an art store but have the willingness to discover art and learn the fundamentals of art.
- You have basic drawing skills and some familiarity with the medium or subject matter and are eager to learn more.
- You draw well, are comfortable working with the medium used and understand the basic elements of design including composition, value, and color.
- You possess excellent drawing skills and are confident in the medium used.
- All Levels
- You have some familiarity and background in the given medium and are eager to learn more. All Level workshops and classes are not appropriate for Absolute Beginners.
You will get the most out of the classes and workshops that are appropriate to your skill level. If you are in doubt about the right course for you, please contact the School to discuss your options and preferences.
Supply lists are available online at the top of each class description. If you have questions regarding supplies, where to purchase supplies, or cannot afford certain supplies specified on the list, please call the school before purchasing.
Most workshops and classes are held at the School in Scottsdale Arizona. Note that the majority of plein air painting sites are typically located 15-60 minute away from the School. Portable equipment and transportation are required for these courses and stated in the workshop description. Students attending workshops outside of the Scottsdale area will be given specific instructions on where to meet for the workshop, as well as recommendations for lodging. Call if you have questions.